Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Squeeky Recovered

I can relax now. We found the blasted snake less than 24 hours after the prison break. Believe it or not, it was the babysitter that found it again. She must be a snake whisperer. She found him within a foot of where the empty container was sitting. Go figure!
I'd spent the entire day cautiously moving around in my kitchen. I thought the snake would be behind everything I moved. What an awful feeling! Now that I look at Squeeky the Snake again, it's really not all that impressive...even for a garden snake.

We promptly took Squeeky outside for some playtime and farewells. My children thought it was just swell that Squeeky was so fun to play with. Squeeky was a good sport, but even garden snakes have their limits.



We explained to Dasha that Squeeky's parents were probably worried sick because he'd been missing for a whole day. We decided it would be best if the family was reunited. After cheers and waves (and a blown kiss from Preston), Squeeky slithered off into the garden from whence he came. Today Dasha said she missed Squeeky but she was glad he was back home with his mom and dad. I don't miss him at all. I'm just glad he's out of my kitchen!



1 comment:

kristenhcubed said...

Recovered and released. You're like animal rehab. Maybe you should see if your babysitter will just bring candy to the kids instead of bugs and snakes. ICK!