Thursday, March 25, 2010

Celebrating You!


This post begins a new journey for me. A good friend of mine is working on documenting a year with photos on her blog. Not only do I think this is a great idea, but it combines a journal and a photo album into one! I decided to copy her idea and begin my own journey of discovery and celebration.


Tonight I attended the Relief Society activity where the theme was "Celebrating You!" I took my camera with me and thought the theme was a perfect way to start my new daily blog updates. We were seated at tables based on the month we were born in. I was one of 9 women born in January and I was selected to represent our table to dress up and participate in a cheesy version of calendar girls. Now William can officially say he's married to Ms. January! It was a fun evening and concluded with the consumption of a yummy cupcake. I love these activities. They showed a slide show of everyones baby pictures as part of the birthdays festivities. We all laughed and had a fantastic time celebrating each other. Women need to do more of that.



The night reminded me of one of the books I recently read called "The Greatest Miracle in the World" by Og Mandino. One of the messages of the book is to proclaim your rarity. I choose to do exactly that and hope that at the end of the year I can look back with great fondness and further realize how truly blessed I am!

3 comments:

Charity said...

I'm so excited to hear about your new journey. I started mine if February after attending Time out for Women. (I posted about my relief society party too!) I have enjoyed journaling with photos thoroughly. It helps me focus on my blessings, and has been a place to put all those conversations running through my head. I find I'm spending less time on the phone because I can get it out there on my blog and move on. There are some websites where you can print it out and the end of the year into a nice hard bound book...I also like that others can follow along, so that I might provide some inspiration or comic relief to a friend along the way! I look forward to reading yours, you have the gift of literary prowess. I loved your Christmas newsletter. Come visit me at www.daviscountryadventures.blogspot.com With love, Charity Davis

kristenhcubed said...

I love your goal! Go for it! I can't wait to see all the pictures. I love you, sis. I celebrate you everyday.

Jueneta said...

Looks like a great R.S. activity. Good luck on your goal.