I asked Grandma to promise to be a guardian angel for me and help me raise my children in this wicked world. She readily agreed. I look forward it...
Monday, February 2, 2009
Goodbye Grandma
On December 6th, Grandma followed Grandpa in death. Her passing was a sweat release from her tired, worn out body. It was hard to watch her declined and suffer, but we know she is in a far better place.
This casket is perfect for her. She loved roses and the color as well as the flowers on the sides were beautiful. The day was gorgeous as well. The sun was shining and the temperature was pleasant enough considering it was the middle of December.
This is a picture of Grandma's four boys and two of her grandsons. From left to right is Ernest #4, Marlin #2, Steve #3 (my dad), Gene #1, Scott and Douglas (my brothers).
Me and my sisters sang "Consider the Lilies of the Field" during her funeral. I have to say...it was awesome. I believe we sounded better that we ever have during that song (and that's saying something, because we sound amazing together!) Everyone agreed, too. I'm glad we were able to do that for grandma. She was deeply moved by music and I'm sure she loved it. I'm glad Kristen was able to fly back home for the day so she could participate. It wouldn't have been the same without her. You can't see it in this picture, but Kellyanne and Diana are both expecting babies the last week in March. #4 for Kellyanne and #1 for Diana. (Left to right: Me, Kellyanne, Diana, and Kristen.) What total babes!
This is my uncle Marlin. I love him deeply. This was an emotional day for all of us, but particularly for him. He was actually in a recovery program for Post Traumatic Stress Disorder when grandma died and therefore he wasn't with her when she passed. He was granted 48 hours leave for the funeral. I'm sure glad he could make it and I wish him all the best in his difficult journey.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Wow, that picture of the four of us is terrible! But you're right we sounded great. What a privillege to sing for Grandma one more time.
Great tribute. I love the picture with the sisters. It is cool to see you all wearing glasses as well.
Thanks for visiting last week.
Post a Comment