Karrie and I were really close growing up and have kind of lost touch over the years, so our visit with them was wonderful for reconnecting and catching up. I hope we can do it again soon.
Monday, February 2, 2009
New Year's Eve
After Christmas, we took off for warmer weather and a change of scenery. Work on our house had stopped for holidays so we headed to Mesquite, Nevada for a week and a half. We contacted my cousin Karrie Nielson and her husband Shane and asked if we could join them for New Years eve. They readily accepted and we thoroughly enjoyed their company.
They have two teenage daughters and a 5 year old, Annabelle, who Dasha loved playing everything girly with. Preston on the other hand, was a awkward third wheel that cramped their style. It's a good thing that kid loves the movie "Cars." That was the only way we could get him to give the girls some space. We let the girls stay up late and finally put them down around 11:00. They wanted to sleep together so that's how they started until Dasha started crying. When I went to find out what was wrong, she said, "Annabelle won't stop talking to me and I just want to go to sleep, Mom." We laughed hard at that one.
Karrie and I were really close growing up and have kind of lost touch over the years, so our visit with them was wonderful for reconnecting and catching up. I hope we can do it again soon.
Karrie and I were really close growing up and have kind of lost touch over the years, so our visit with them was wonderful for reconnecting and catching up. I hope we can do it again soon.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Another good reason to get on facebook. Karrie is there.
Post a Comment